August 22, 2018
2018 Coalition Capacity Building Workshops
These free Coalition Capacity Building Workshops will provide technical assistance and training to existing and new immunization coalitions. This is to help build and sustain immunization efforts throughout Texas.
The Immunization Partnership is conducting the Coalition Capacity building efforts in partnership with The Department of State Health Services - Immunization Unit.
*Workshop resources posted below.
Workshop 1: Partnership Development and Strategies for Sustaining Active Member Participation
When: August 22, 2018
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. CDT
Where: Houston, Texas
1. Review the key components of partnership development for immunization coalitions.
2. Explain how to establish effectiveand inclusive partnerships.
3. Address common barriers for membership disengagement and ways to remove the barriers.
4. Discuss methods for creating member ownership within the coalition.
Workshop 2: Communication Strategies for Community Engagement
When: September 24, 2018
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. CDT
Where: Lubbock, Texas
1. Review different communication platforms for immunization coalitions.
2. Address concerns of vaccine hesitant community members that might arise in social media.
3. Discuss social media strategies for immunization coalitions to engage the community.
4. Discuss media strategies for immunization coalitions.
Workshop 3: Fundraising for Coalitions
When: October 18, 2018
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. CDT
Where: Fort Worth, Texas
1. Discuss how to set up fundraising goal.
2. Review different types of funding options.
3. Address steps to finding a fiscal agent.
4. Address steps to becoming a 501 (c)(3).
For more information please contact Katy Gore.