The Immunization Partnership (TIP), a Texas-based advocacy organization seeking to increase awareness of and supporting immunization best practices, seeks a charismatic Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead the organization in its execution of a strategic plan to accomplish its mission. TIP is a ten-year old organization that has strong volunteer and staff leadership and is poised for continued growth. TIP seeks a seasoned executive with coalition-building, public speaking, and fund raising skills; a dynamic person who can motivate a growing Board and varied constituencies here in the Houston area and state-wide. The suitable candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience and a college degree is required; medical and/or legal background a plus. Compensation and benefits are highly competitive. To apply please send a letter of interest and resume to TIPCEO@gershensonconsultingllc.com.
President / Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Status: Full-Time Exempt
The CEO of The Immunization Partnership is responsible for the management of the organization and the leadership of the staff in pursuit of the organization’s mission. She/he actively recruits, trains, directs, manages, evaluates, and if needed, dismisses the organization’s staff. General responsibilities include strategic and tactical planning, program execution, Board recruiting and development, fundraising, internal and external communications, advocacy, public policy development, and fiscal controls. The CEO leads with passion for the cause and is accountable to the Board of Directors and directly reports to the Chair of the Board.
- Champion the mission and vision to stakeholders.
- Recruit, train, empower, manage, and evaluate staff and Board.
- Craft a culture of ethics, transparency, collaboration, teamwork, inclusion, delegation, and evaluation among staff and volunteers.
Strategic and Tactical Planning
- Absorb, fulfill, and improve TIP’s strategic and tactical plans.
- Communicates strategic vision to Board, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Be an articulate and effective advocate and spokesperson for TIP.
- Cultivate strong relationships with Board, Staff, funders, government, and media.
- Act as primary point of contact and liaison with to the Board, regularly informing the Board of significant matters.
- Ensure that Board Governance, Fiduciary, and Policy matters are implemented throughout TIP.
- Develop and implement fundraising systems and strategies that meet TIP’s financial and operational goals.
- Develop, cultivate, and steward successful relationships with funders including DSHS, corporations, foundations, and individuals in support of philanthropic goals.
- Oversee a system for tracking prospects and supporters.
- Be a prominent and proactive advocate and spokesperson for TIP, communicating a compelling and inspiring vision.
- Raise the public profile and enhance the branding of TIP.
- Determine appropriate messaging for diverse audiences while assuring internal and external consistency.
- Cultivate strong media relationships. Act as the “face” of TIP and/or designate others to act in that role when appropriate.
Advocacy and Public Policy
- Act as the thought-leader for advocacy issues that impact immunization rates in Texas.
- Organize and collaborate with subject matter experts to gather input for incorporation into public policy.
- Build effective coalitions in support of public policy goals to improve immunization rates.
- Provide expert testimony and act as the primary voice of TIP to the Texas Legislature and agencies. Build strong relationships with legislators and key staff to accomplish legislative goals.
- Strengthen and evolve TIP programs to assure programs are relevant and accomplish their objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate programs to assure resources are used to best affect.
- Build and maintain systems for effective program administration.
Fiscal Control and Management
- Prepare, present, and receive Board approval for annual budget.
- Enhance financial controls to manage expenses and meet budget targets.
- Ensure adequate financial practices are identified, communicated, and monitored within TIP.
- Ensure adherence to appropriate internal controls, fiscal policies, and accounting practices.
- Maintain good management policies and procedures for the day-to-day operations of TIP.
- Secure annual fiscal audit and assure presentation of results and management letter to Board and appropriate stakeholders.
The deadline for spring internships has passed. Please check back for summer internship opportunities.